In order to complete assignment #1 you will need to answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document and then upload the assignment for grading. Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. All questions must answered with viable support and detail. Your answer cannot simply be a cited source answering the question.
This assignment is a summative assessment for Course Objective 1.
1. What is the difference between active and passive security threats?
2. List and briefly define 3 categories of passive and active security attacks.
3. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security services.
4. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security mechanisms.
5. Create a matrix highlighting the relationship between the security services and the mechanisms listed in questions 3 and 4. Place services to the left (vertically), the mechanism to the right (horizontally), then place an X for the applicable mechanisms to the services.
6. What are the essential differences of a symmetric cipher?
7. How many keys are required for two people to communicate via a symmetric cipher?
8. What is triple encryption?
9. List ways in which secret keys can be distributed to two communicating parties.
10. What are the fundamental differences between AES, DES, and 3DES?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.