Task: Prepare a case study about bridges that have collapsed in the united states in the near future. 4 pages maximum!
instructions on where to search and what to include in the report are provided in the pdf below.
Note: references must be credible!
Please ask any question if not clear.
Case Study in Civil Engineering:
– Prepare a case study or studies related to civil engineering
-Written report shall be an extended abstract with a maximum of 4 pages (including tables and
figures) with a minimum of 5 references.
-The objective of this project is to provide students with useful information pertaining to past,
present, or future issues in civil engineering.
-The report should be in general terms and provide a broad overview.
EXAMPLE CASE STUDY IN FORENSIC ENGINEERING
Given your assigned engineering failure or disaster, describe it in some detail
and discuss what ethical issues might have been at least partly responsible for
the failure. Prepare a failure analysis report that includes:
• What failed and why it failed.
• Who was at fault and why.
• Possible corrective actions (i.e., how to make it not fail).
If appropriate, describe how a lack of "professionalism" or "ethics" may have
helped lead to the failure.
An abbreviated abstract and a list of references (relevant publications can be
found in ASCE Journals, Engineering Index, Science Citation Index, Google, etc.)
Potential projects include:
• Wind induced bridge failures (Tacoma Narrows Bridge)
• Failures during construction (Injaka Bridge-South Africa; FIU Sweetwater
University City Pedestrian Bridge-Florida)
• Fatigue and fracture failures (Silver Bridge-WV, Mianus River Bridge-CT)
• Support settlement (differential bridge settlement at bridge approaches)
• Bridge failures due to scour (Schoharie Creek Bridge-NY)
• Bridge failures due to connection issues (Mississippi River Bridge-MN)
• Bridge failures due to other issues (Genoa Bridge-Italy)
Other failures can be found at the following site:
*ASCE Author Guide: https://ascelibrary.org/doi/pdf/10.1061/9780784479018.ch05
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.