Part II: Relevant Research Pertinent to Solving the Problem (one to two pages)
Please delete the questions written in bold after writing your responses.
Question 1.: What is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Question 2: Who enforces Title VII discrimination in the workplace?
SOURCE 2: Title VII Changed the Face of the American Workplace, By Tamara Lytle May 21, 2014
QUESTION 3: Does Joe Trosh have a possible claim of workplace discrimination?
SOURCE: Work Place Fairness
QUESTION 4: What is the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution?
SOURCE: Legal Information Institute
QUESTION 5: Does the U.S. Supreme Court hold that state regulations regarding the possession of hand guns is a violation of the 2nd Amendment or not?
SOURCE 1: The Legal Information Institute
SOURCE 2: Oyez
QUESTION 6: Joe Trosh feels that the Second Amendment gives him the right to carry a gun into the workplace as self-defense to a claim of workplace harassment based on stereotypes. Is he correct based on case rulings form the U.S. Supreme Court or is there no definitive answer to this question from the U.S. Supreme Court?
SOURCE: SCOTUSBlog. Independent News & analysis of the U.S. Supreme Court
Lyle Denniston, March 21, 2016
QUESTION 7: Is Trosh’s claim that the Oklahoma Defense Act gives him the legal right to carry a concealed weapon into the hospital as an act to self-defense correct? In other words, does th Oklahoma Self Defense Act provide clear guidelines on where he can and cannot carry his hand gun?
Here are sections of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act that can guide you to answer this question.
1. Oklahoma Defense Act
TITLE 21 § 1290.9 ELIGIBILITY The following requirements shall apply to any person making application to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. The person must:
1. Be a citizen of the United States;
2. Be a lawful permanent resident in the United States and have established residency in the State of Oklahoma. For purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act: a. the term "residency" shall apply to any person who either possesses a valid Oklahoma driver license or state photo identification card, and physically maintains a residence in this state or to any person, including the spouse of such person, who has permanent military orders within this state and possesses a valid driver license from another state where such person and spouse of such person claim residency, and b. the term "lawful permanent resident" shall mean a noncitizen who is lawfully authorized to live permanently within the United States;
3. Be at least: a. twenty-one (21) years of age, or
b. eighteen (18) years of age but not yet twenty-one (21) years of age and the person is a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces, the Reserves or National Guard,
or the person was discharged under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard;
4. Complete a firearms safety and training course and demonstrate competence and qualifications with the type of pistol to be carried by the person as provided in Section 1290.14 of this title, and submit proof of training and qualification or an exemption for training and qualification as authorized by Section 1290.14 of this title;
5. Submit the required fee and complete the application process as provided in Section 1290.12 of this title; and 6. Comply in good faith with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES Version 1 (as amended by Laws 2019, HB 2597, c. 1, § 2, eff. November 1, 2019)
A. It shall be unlawful for any person, including a person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any courthouse, courtroom, prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent, except as provided in Section 21 of Title 57 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
3. Any public or private elementary or public or private secondary school, except as provided in subsections C and D of this section; 25
4. Any publicly owned or operated sports arena or venue during a professional sporting event, unless allowed by the event holder;
5. Any place where gambling is authorized by law, unless allowed by the property owner; and
6. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.
B. For purposes of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state or federal governmental authority;
2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, which is open to the public, or by any entity engaged in gambling authorized by law;
1. Any property adjacent to a structure, building or office space in which concealed or unconcealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section;
4. Any property designated by a city, town, county or state governmental authority as a park, recreational area, wildlife refuge, wildlife management area or fairgrounds; provided, nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm into any structure, building or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section; and
Any property set aside by a public or private elementary or secondary school for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended; provided, however, the firearm shall be stored and hidden from view in a locked motor vehicle when the motor vehicle is left unattended on school property
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.