Task: Case study
· Individual task
· Read the journal article Díaz-Parra, Ibán, and Jaime Jover. "Overtourism, place alienation and the right to the city: insights from the historic centre of Seville, Spain." Journal of Sustainable Tourism 29.2-3 (2021): 158-175.
· From the article focus on the definitions and the analysis of the following concepts: alienation and place displacement, appropriation, gentrification, over-tourism, and authenticity.
· Choose a destination and apply these concepts to analyze it. You may use these guiding questions in your analysis:
o Which are the most relevant stakeholders in the case?
o Does the destination show signs of alienation and place displacement, appropriation, gentrification, overtourism?
o Is the destination authentic? Explain.
· In your case study, conclude whether tourism in the destination you have chosen is sustainable. In your evaluation, use the broader definitions of sustainability and sustainable tourism discussed in class (see slides).
· Contextual information:
o Regarding the article of Díaz-Ibara & Jover (2020) focus on the theoretical framework and conclusions, it is not necessary to read the methodological part.
o Base your discussion of the concepts on the article of Díaz-Ibara & Jover (2020) and the following resources which will be discussed during the semester. These resources are all available in your EBSCO Library (Moodle). You may also do additional research if it is necessary.
§ Jillian M. Rickly and Elizabeth S. Vidon (2018) Authenticity & Tourism: Materialities, Perceptions, Experiences. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Limited (Tourism Social Science Series). Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=1717716&site=ehost-live (Accessed: 24 September 2021). Read pages 1-12.
§ Rachel Dodds and Richard Butler (2019) Overtourism: Issues, Realities and Solutions. Berlin: De Gruyter Oldenbourg (De Gruyter Studies in Tourism). Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=2381171&site=ehost-live (Accessed: 24 September 2021).10-18; 46-57; 78-87
§ Case studies of Venice, Lucern and Prague available at Overtourism: Issues, Realities and Solutions. Berlin: De Gruyter Oldenbourg (De Gruyter Studies in Tourism). Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=2381171&site=ehost-live (Accessed: 24 September 2021).
o The city that you use as a destination for your case study area must be approved by the professor by week 3 (session 2) at the latest.
o It must be a city that is a relevant destination within a wider region.
· Expected table of contents
Introduction to the case
Discussion of concepts (authenticity, gentrification, place alienation, overtourism and appropriation)
Description of study area
Analysis of the destination using the concepts and definitions
· Case study in pdf format
· Wordcount: 3,000
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 10 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Friday, December the 5th at 23:59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 100% of your total grade for this subject.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.