"Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe"
-I have attached a PPT I started and that can be used to continue
-attached the instructions as well
The reason why the topic was chosen:
The topic I have chosen to research and explore for the class presentation is "Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe". I felt this was the perfect topic to further dissect given that the field of nursing was just recently hit and is still suffering from a global pandemic. Nursing and the healthcare field as a whole suffered in ways the public has not been made aware of. The pandemic brought with it both positive and negative affects to our field of work. Which is why I have chosen this topic in order to come up with a plan to promote a positive change. Bringing awareness to these issues/changes will involve the need for participation in our local government to fund and support this nursing issue. Solving the trends/issues the pandemic has brought will alleviate the impact it has had on various workplaces. The solutions will be integrated/implemented with the hopes of having a positive affect within clinical settings. This topic is currently relevant which is why as a community we should come together to shed light and bring awareness to its importance. A few things the pandemic has caused is:
-affects on the psychological well-being of nurses
-decreased work flow frequency
-decreased work satisfaction
etc. (Bartzik, Aust, & Peifer, 2021).
Nurse are the healthcare fields front line workers, one of the most essential positions when our world is faced with a (pandemic, epidemic, or natural disaster).
Bartzik, M., Aust, F., & Peifer, C. (2021). Negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on nurses can be buffered by a sense of humor and appreciation. BMC nursing, 20(1), 257. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-021-00770-5
-SPEAKER NOTES ARE NEEDED FOR EACH SLIDE
NURS 440 PowerPoint Template
Student Name School Course
Faculty Name/Title Date
Directions for Powerpoint 1. Include at least 8-10 slides (NOT including title/reference slides)
2. Add bullet points for each slide 3. Include speaker notes for each slide (4-5 sentences) to address bulleted items
4. APA style & include citations in your speaker notes
5. Minimum of 4-5 peer reviewed articles (within the last 5 years) as references
(do not include: blogs, chat, other university or Wikipedia).
6. USE THE SLIDES THAT FOLLOW AS YOUR TEMPLATE
7. Make sure to add colorful graphics, data, graphs, clip art to engage audience,
Explain why you chose one of the following topics:
1. Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
2. Social media influences on health or health care delivery
3. The effect of the media on nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help
portray the true image of nursing?
4. The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
5. Impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
6. Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
7. You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on
1. Telehealth technology
2. Health applications
3. Health-related/electronic wearables
Why The Topic Was Chosen
How The Topic Impacts Nursing Practice
1. Please show how your topic impacts nursing practice and/or patient care 2. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or in the
3. What is the current relevance of your topic 4. How is your topic integrated and used in clinical practice
1. Provide a full description of your topic 2. Describe how your chosen topic is relevant/current to nursing practice 3. Provide a critical analysis supported by evidence based practice that is
credible and timely
Clinical Practice Integration
1. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in nursing workforce or clinical
2. Current relevance of the topic
3. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Plan for Lobbying
1. Describe in detail what you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
2. What current or proposed legislation already exists that pertains to your topic?
3. Make insightful, clear and accurate connections to importance of lobbying legislators & government
1. Show insight and comprehensive solutions/conclusions regarding your chosen topic
1. Include at least 4-5 research articles (Use WCU Online Library) 2. References need to be within the last 5 years
3. Do not include: blogs, chats, other universities, Wikipedia
4. Follow APA style
Directions for Submitting your Powerpoint
1. Open your PPT and go to “file” in top left corner. 2. Click “print” option. Make sure "print all slides" and "print slides with notes" is
selected. 3. Go to “Save As” on the left hand side and be sure you save as a PDF. 4. Under your save as selection, click “more options”. Select the “Options” button and
click the “Publish What” pull-down and then select “Notes Pages.” (If you click slides it will not show the speaker notes)
5. Click “OK.” 6. Complete your selection process by checking “Open file after publishing” and
selecting the “Optimize for: ‘Standard’ and ‘Minimum Size’” choices. 7. Click on “Save” next to the “Tools” button at the bottom of the box.
Week 8: Current Issues/Trends Presentation
West Coast University
NURS 440 Issues and Trends in Nursing
Professor Tara Strawn
“Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe”
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.