Mr. Kasich is a 77-year old who was recently taken to the emergency room after he fell when trying to get out of bed. There, he was found to have a blood glucose level of 35 milligrams per deciliter and was diagnosed with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia despite many years of well-maintained the blood glucose levels. After further assessment, Mr. Kasich was transferred to a medical room in the hospital. His background includes diagnosed with type two diabetes mellitus, advanced congestive heart failure and lung cancer. Has Medicare parts A and B. Lives with wife in a remote area that is 40 miles from the closest healthcare provider. Is proficient using his home computer. Mr. Lane is a 42-year old who was admitted for exacerbation of heart failure. His background includes has diabetes mellitus type two. Is a long-haul truck driver with a large trucking company. Is privately insured. Is single and primarily lives in his truck. Both Mr. Kasich and Mr. Lane are going home with telehealth consisting of a telemonitoring device that transmits weight, blood pressure, blood glucose levels and pulse oximetry to a remote telehealth nurse. Even though the use of telehealth does not often include hands on interaction, the goal of keeping patients out of a hospital is consistent with quality nursing practice. Telehealth applications are designed to enhance the patient experience and improve clinical outcomes while providing care for patients in their home environment rather than an institutional setting. Telehealth supports self-care by empowering patients, which is a central tenet of nursing practice.
Review the case scenario above and address the following.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.