In this module, you learned the importance of evaluating segments and choosing a target market. As we embark on the simulation experience for this course one of your first tasks will be to select an initial market segment to focus on the launch of your product innovation. This reflection exercise is meant to help you think about the tradeoffs that the different market segments offer.
Before engaging in this reflection exercise you should:
1) Secure access to the simulation software (see the Marketplace Sim section for instructions on how to sign up)
2) Review the assignment guidelines
3) Read the background information so you understand the marketplace scenario and the three market segments that you are considering
A market opportunity analysis (MOA) is the identification and assessment of market opportunities based upon an analysis of:
An MOA provides the foundation for designing an effective strategy to capitalize on one or more of the identified opportunities. At this stage in the development of your industry, it is not possible to seriously evaluate your potential competitors. Just like your company, they are all entrepreneurial firms without a track record.
After some quarters, you should be able to judge their strengths and weaknesses and use this information in your strategic and tactical planning. For now, you must focus on the end-users. They are your ultimate boss, and you must ascertain what it will take to make them happy.
Your initial MOA should begin with an analysis of your potential customers. The marketing research data that you have available are patterned after the real-world. The data has been modified and simplified in order to facilitate its use in the simulation. Since the market modeled in the simulation is based upon this information, it is important for your firm to analyze the data.
To begin your MOA, read the topics below to learn more about:
You can find this information in the "help" file of the simulation which is linked from the top right corner as well as from the various "lecture" tabs as you learn more about the Marketing Research on the three segments
There are three market segments with very different needs and wants that cannot be served with the same marketing mix:
The simulation presents you with customer profiles for each of the market segments, along with three marketing research reports:
There are trade-offs among the market segments - not one of them is best. However, you can develop a winning strategy for any of the three (or all). The key to success in this game is to understand the needs and wants of your market segment and match it with a suitable marketing mix.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.