This exam consists of five essay questions. Your answer for each question should be a well
written, developed, and organized essay that fully addresses each component of the exam
questions. Follow the rules of formal writing: write in complete sentences, and do not use
any inappropriate language, textspeak, or emojis.
There is no minimum or maximum length for exam answers. Your answers will be graded
on how accurately and completely they answer the exam questions. A good general rule of
thumb is to write about 1-2 pages for each exam question.
Type your exam in a MS Word document. Use standard formatting (12-point Times New
Roman font, double spaced, 1-inch margins) and be sure to number your answers. When
you have completed your exam, submit it as an uploaded MS Word document .
Important Exam Rules:
• You may consult your notes, textbook, and any other course materials as you
prepare your answers.
• Your answers must be written in your own words—no quoting from or copying full
phrases and sentences from the textbook, course materials, or any other source
unless otherwise noted in the exam question.
o Reminder: SafeAssign will automatically check your submitted file for any
evidence of plagiarism. Answers copied in whole or in part from other
sources will result in an exam grade of zero and will be submitted to the
university as an honor code violation.
You have until 11:59 PM (Central) on the due date to submit your exam. Late submissions
are accepted, but the standard late penalty (25% per day after the deadline) will apply.
Answer all 5 Questions:
1. Identify the 5 objectives for persuaders in the media age; explain each. Then,
imagine that you have been tasked with creating a multimedia campaign to promote
MSU to high school seniors. Identify and explain the specific strategies you would
use to meet each of the 5 objectives for persuaders.
2. What are the 5 canons of classical rhetoric? Explain each. Then, rank the canons
from least important to most important for persuaders in a media age. Be sure to
fully explain your reasoning for the ranking and support your argument with
original examples (not those already discussed in class or in the textbook).
3. Explain the 5 TARES standards for ethical persuasion. Using original examples (not
those already discussed in class or in the textbook) to support your claims, create an
argument for which standard you believe to be the most important in the media age
and which you believe to be the least important in the media age.
4. Explain the 4 biases of news coverage that may prevent accurate information from
reaching the public. Then, read the news article included at the end of this document
(Jack Healy’s “Underwater in the Las Vegas Desert, Years after the Housing Crash”).
To what extent does this article exhibit the 4 biases? Be sure to support your
analysis with specific examples from the article. As you are supporting your analysis
with specific examples, you may quote from the news article if you would like to
point to specific language used by the author.
5. Explain the 3 components of attitude formation. Then, select one of the issues listed
below and analyze how each of the 3 components contributes to your attitude about
o Issues (select one):
§ Texting while driving
§ Community service
article asked for towards the end is found on this link: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/las-vegas-2008-housing-crash.html?_r=0
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.