1. Introduction: Develop a research paper to address domestic intelligence collection and analysis of your selected terrorist group from your Red Cell Midterm Assignment. Building on the information that you started in your midterm prepare a new research paper that addresses which intelligence collection disciplines and agencies are essential to effectively collect on and analyze information about the red cell threat you chose in 5-7 full pages of content (not counting title or reference pages). 2. Domestic Intelligence Collection and Analysis: Specify the most effective intelligence collection and analysis methods against the terrorist organization likely to conduct an attack within the United States that you selected by clearing answering all 3 of the following: A) What domestic intelligence collection efforts would be best utilized on the organization you selected? (Intelligence Collection disciplines discussed in week. 5) Please do not focus on overseas intelligence collection programs; this is an HLSS course, and we are focused ONLY on collection within the U.S. homeland. B) Which members of the IC would be the best collectors of intelligence on this particular organization within the country? (the intelligence and law enforcement agencies of the intelligence community we discussed in week 2) You may address agencies that collect overseas and within the homeland as the terrorism nexus overlaps both domains. You may also consider some of the field agencies of DHS (since DHS I&A is just an office and does not collect) as some of the operating components do collect like ICE, CBP, USCG, and the Secret Service (who does focus on terrorism financing). Again, this is a Homeland Security course, so focus on the agencies that can support the homeland (like the FBI), NOT primarily overseas intelligence collection of foreign targets. Focus your paper only on domestic intelligence and law enforcement. Remember, the CIA does not collect intelligence on Americans domestically; they are a foreign intelligence agency (as are all military intelligence branches). See the readings from week five and this link to Executive Order 12333 (2008) https://fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/eo-12333-2008.pdf. However, the NSA is very different as they can collect both foreign and domestic communications (when authorized by a court [like FISA] or under certain conditions by the Attorney General to support the FBI). See https://www.nsa.gov/about/faqs/sigint-faqs.shtml C) What intelligence analysis strategies would be the most effective and why? (choose only from the analytical strategies discussed in the week 6 lesson and specifically the reading A tradecraft primer: structured analytic techniques for improving intelligence analysis or found at this link https://www.hsdl.org/?abstract&did＝20945). Remember that critical thinking (brainstorming) and situational logic DO NOT in themselves constitute an analytical approach — be specific and pick at least two specific strategies you think will help analyze what can be collected on a clandestine terrorist group attempting to attack the U.S. homeland. Note: Only focus here in this progress paper on intelligence collection disciplines, the most appropriate IC agencies to play a role, and the most effective analytical techniques to employ in this scenario. As a paper for this HLSS course, these questions are to be answered regarding collecting and analyzing intelligence on the terrorist group plans and activities within the U.S. as they prepare to attack. Do not address how to stop this attack. That will be the topic of your recommendations in your final paper due in week 7. That final paper will address what law enforcement and security officials here in the homeland can do to detect, identify, warn, and potentially stop the hypothetical attack. It would help if you readdressed your hypothetical attack from your midterm using only a paragraph or two (unless you were explicitly told that you did not address the attack in sufficient detail in your midterm). Technical Requirements: Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis (see this library article How do I write a good thesis statement). Use formal academic writing and not use the first person, such as ′I′ or ′my′; see this site on academic writing style (scholarly voice). Make sure you use APA style 7th edition in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting another′s ideas (or any information) that is not your thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para. 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case. I highly recommend you use the APUS writing guide, which can be found in the university library or at this link: APUS Research Writing and Style Guide. You are welcome to use supplementary sources to complement the assigned readings based upon your research, but make sure you use only scholarly and credible sources (do not use open websites, and you never want to use Wikipedia for a college-level paper). Also, dictionaries and encyclopedias, and general news sites (like CNN) are NOT appropriate for college-level research papers. An excellent example of what NOT to use is NSA.Gov1.info — not only is it not the NSA webpage, the site loaded with bogus information, and if you scroll down to the bottom, it says, ″This is a parody of nsa.gov and has not been approved, endorsed, or authorized by the National Security Agency or by any other U.S. Government agency.″ Also, do not cite the weekly lessons as those are only basic information to start the topic with. It would help if you used mainly scholarly and reputable academic books and journal articles. Academic Requirements: – Make sure your paper content meets the minimum acceptable length listed above with 5-7 full pages of text, not including the Title or Reference pages. – Written according to the APA 7th edition style and format (parenthetical in-text citation formats only; not endnotes or footnotes); – Use Times New Roman 12 point font; – 1-inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches – Double-space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either) – A respectable number of credible resources were used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least two scholarly sources per page of content (so a minimum of 2 new scholarly sources per page in a research paper is acceptable for this assignment). Use those academic and credible sources provided to you throughout the course and other scholarly material obtained from conducting your research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly. – The paper must be free of typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors (make sure to proofread before submission) – Attached is a PDF copy of my midterm assignment.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.