For part 1 of the assignment, please listen to the NPR podcast called “Out Of Prison But Still Trapped: Examining The 'Afterlife' Of Incarceration". Link to Podcast: https://www.npr.org/2021/03/24/980671402/out-of-prison-but-still-trapped-examining-the-afterlife-of-incarceration (Links to an external site.) (*Warning: adult content included).
This podcast previews Dr. Ruben Miller's new book, Halfway Home in which he followed the lives of about 250 incarcerated and formerly incarcerated men and women, and spoke with their family and friends about the challenges of life after incarceration including reentry and parole experiences. This interview also discusses firsthand experiences of how parole supervision limits opportunity for people returning from incarceration. At a minimum, your response should answer all components of each question and should be no less than a single page (i.e., about 400 words total).
1. Identify and briefly describe two specific barriers that individuals on parole experience upon their release from incarceration.
2. Please describe how parole supervision and conditions of parole release limit individuals’ opportunities to successful return to the community.
3. How might the conditions of probation and parole supervision set individuals up to fail? What are the consequences of technical violations for the greater criminal justice system? Do such consequences contradict with the goals of community supervision, why or why not? Please cite your sources as appropriate.
I would highly suggest expanding on notes provided in the lecture and recommend using content from the textbook (e.g., barriers to reentry).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.