Case Study 7.2 – Nodular Hyperplasia and Cancer of Prostate
Irving Olson, a 75-year-old man presented with urinary hesitancy, frequency, and nocturia. Digital rectal examination revealed a large, nodular, and rubbery prostate gland with no hard regions. The serum PSA was 6 ng/mL (reference range 0-4 ng/mL). Transrectal ultrasound examination was performed, and prostatic biopsy specimens were obtained, which were negative for tumor, followed by a transurethral resection of the prostate gland.
Fifteen years later, he presented with low back pain of several month duration. Further questioning revealed recurrent urinary hesitancy with recent onset of dysuria. Digital rectal examination revealed a hard and irregular prostate gland. Laboratory data included alkaline phosphatase 386 U/L (reference range 38-126 U/L) and PSA 103 ng/mL (reference range 0-4 ng/mL). A transrectal biopsy of the prostate gland was performed. A radionuclide bone scan revealed widespread hot spots, and an x-ray of the spine revealed numerous radiodense bony lesions. A repeat transurethral resection of the prostate gland and bilateral orchiectomy were performed.
1. What type of cell produces bone in osteoblastic metastases?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.