1. A manufacturer of printed circuit boards has a design capacity of 1,000 boards per day. The effective capacity, however, is 704 boards per day. Recently, the production facility has been producing 915 boards per day. Compute the design and effective capacity utilization measures.
(Round your answers to 1 decimal place, e.g. 3.5%.)
Utilization Effective = %
Utilization Design = %
2. The town barber shop can accommodate 32 customers per day. The manager has determined that if two additional barbers are hired, the shop can accommodate 76 customers per day. What are the design and effective capacities for the barber shop?
Effective capacity = customers/day
Design capacity = customers/day
3. Demand has grown at Dairy May Farms, and it is considering expanding. One option is to expand by purchasing a very large farm that will be able to meet expected future demand. Another option is to expand the current facility by a small amount now and take a wait-and-see attitude, with the possibility of a larger expansion in two years.
Management has estimated the following chances for demand:
Profits for each alternative have been estimated as follows:
(b) Calculate expected values for large and small expansions. What should Dairy May Farms do?
EV small expansion = $
EV large expansion = $
Company sould opt expansion.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.